Ways to prepare
If you selected installation at checkout, we’ll supply the parts needed to get your appliance installed. If you’re installing yourself, make sure you have the right parts and hookups (our checkout will identify compatible parts if you need to purchase them). Be sure to measure your home so your appliance fits through each hall and doorway and fits in your space. Installation fees include basic installation, but not things like new connections or cabinetry modifications
Inspect your space
Check for proper plumbing and correct water lines for products like washers, dishwashers or refrigerators with a water dispenser. Ensure there are nearby electrical outlets that fit your new appliance plug. If you do not have proper plumbing or outlets, the installation fee will not be waived. Deliveries above the 5th floor will only be made with a working elevator.
Map out a path of entry
• Measure the width of each doorway, hallway and stairwell the product may pass through.
• If necessary, your delivery crew will remove your exterior doors (hinge pins) to gain access.
• Make sure the pathway is clear of personal items, including tables or furniture that may get in the way.
• We won’t remove interior doors, handrails, banisters, screen doors or any personal possessions.
Measure your cutout
• Measure height, width and depth of your space to ensure the dimensions of your product match.
• Some products will need some breathing room for venting, hookups and to allow doors to open:
• Measuring for a laundry space: Add 1" of space on the sides of and in between the washing machine and dryer. Add 6" in the back of both the washing machine and dryer for venting and hoses.
• Measuring for a refrigerator: add ½" on each side for venting.
Cabinet modifications will not be made.
Confirm you have the right parts
If you select installation at checkout, we’ll automatically add the parts you need to get your appliance hooked up. If you’re installing yourself, our checkout will identify compatible parts you may need for hookup.