What is a smart oven, and what does it do?
Smart ovens help you cut down on routine steps to get dinner on the table fast. They can allow you to monitor and control your oven from your smartphone or even with your voice. Read this article to learn more about all the ways smart technology helps you multitask and get answers to common questions.
What is a smart oven?
Smart ovens use an internet connection to help you get more done at once. Typically, you can control your oven from your smartphone through an app. In addition to remote control and monitoring, the app also usually provides information on how to cook and maintain your oven. Explore Whirlpool® Smart Ovens to learn more about how connected cooking from Whirlpool brand helps you handle meals when you’re busy elsewhere.1
Shop Whirlpool® Smart Ovens
What does a smart oven do?
Many smart ovens let you remotely set the oven temperature, select settings and monitor cooking progress. You may also receive alerts when a meal is done or when your oven needs maintenance. Some smart ovens can also adapt to the way you cook, giving you instant access to the settings you use most. For example, Whirlpool® Smart Ranges and Wall Ovens help you keep dinner on your schedule by offering multiple ways to multitask:
1. Control your smart oven by app
Now you can control your range right from your phone. The Whirlpool® App makes it easy to manage mealtime from outside the kitchen any time you want to preheat from another room or delay dinnertime after the timer goes off. App features include:
Keep Warm Setting: When you’re in the middle of checking homework, this setting delivers low heat to keep food warm in the oven until you’re ready to eat.
- Scan-to-Cook Technology: Start frozen meal prep from your phone and get the right settings every time — and on your schedule — no matter whose turn it is to make dinner.
- Multi-Step Cooking: Send multiple cooking instructions to the oven at once from your phone.1 The temperature automatically adjusts so you don’t have to monitor the meal, and your world-famous lasagna your in-laws have been craving will taste exactly as it should.
- Automatic Updates: Whirlpool® Smart Ranges and Wall Ovens get smarter over time with new cycles and Automatic Feature Updates.1 Receive alerts when a new cycle or setting, like Air Fry, is available so you can stay on top of all your mealtime options.
Download the app for iOS or Android:
2. Control your smart oven by voice-enabled device
You don’t even have to touch your oven to control it; instead, it works with both the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa so you can use simple voice commands to keep up no matter what you’ve got on your hands.1 Now, when you’re up to your elbows in pizza dough and marinara sauce with your flour-dusted sous chef, you can simply ask your voice-enabled device to preheat the oven to 425°.
You can also set and adjust cooking modes and temperature, start oven and kitchen timers, turn on the oven light and get range and cooking status information — just by asking.
3. Control your smart oven by touchscreen
This is an oven that gets to know you. The innovative touchscreen actually learns and adapts to the way you cook, giving you instant access to the settings you use most — morning, noon and night.
The more you use it, the better it will recognize frequently used settings and prompt you to save them as a favorite, like the breakfast casserole you make every Sunday or their daily snack of chicken tenders. It’s 6:30 on a Friday night? The touchscreen will automatically suggest your pizza favorite. And you can feed the hungry little league team even faster.
4. Get personalized help with meal prep
Pair select Whirlpool® Smart Ovens with the Yummly® app to make meal prep and cooking easier. Answer the question “what’s for dinner?” before it’s even asked with personalized recipe guidance, cooking instructions sent to your oven and a connected thermometer that monitors cooking progress.1 Learn more about how Whirlpool® Smart Ovens paired with the Yummly® app helps eliminate guesswork in the kitchen.
Explore Whirlpool® Smart Wall Ovens and Ranges
Connected cooking from Whirlpool helps you manage your mealtime routine and solve the daily dinner dilemma. Shop Whirlpool® Smart Wall Ovens and Ranges if you’re looking to save a little more time and get a little more done. We’ll keep up with you, so you can keep up with the ones you love.
More on time-saving appliance innovations
Why Choose a Smart Washer and Dryer? What are smart washers and dryers? And how do smart appliances work? Learn how the connected features of smart dryers and washing machines help make laundry day less of a chore.
Microwave Defrosting: How to Use the Defrost Setting For microwave defrosting, place the item in a microwave safe container, press defrost, set the cooking timer, remove the item and cook immediately.
How to Air Fry in Your Convection Oven Learn how to use a convection oven as an air fryer for making tasty dishes such as crispy oven fries or oven-fried chicken.
Was this article helpful? Pass it on
1. Appliance must be set to remote enable. WiFi & App Required. Features subject to change. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect.
2. Select frozen foods only. Appliance must be set to remote enable. WiFi & App Required. Features subject to change. Details and privacy info at whirlpool.com/connect.
Amazon, Alexa, Echo and all related logos and motion marks are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Google and Google Home are trademarks of Google LLC.